Nowadays, with the vast amount of information that can be found on the networks in relation to how to take care of ourselves, eat healthier, improve our appearance or lose weight, it is very easy for us to unintentionally do things that not only do not improve us, but also they will not get worse. Sometimes it will only be in our pocket, but many times our health will also be greatly affected. Today we bring you a very brief summary of the action guidelines so that the natural aging of our tissues slows down.
- Sun . The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that everyone use sunscreens with protection factors of 30 or above: If we are going to go to the pool, beach or mountain, we should avoid exposure during the hours of greatest solar intensity (12 noon to 4 in the afternoon) and be especially careful since water, sand and snow reflect sunlight, increasing the risk of burns.
- Pollution : the ideal would be that we could live in less polluted cities. If possible, take advantage of your free time to escape to rural, mountain or beach areas that are not very crowded.
- tobacco . Avoiding smoking results in less aged skin and hair that falls out less. In addition, smoking is an important risk factor for cardiovascular diseases and many types of tumors.
- Diet : A “Mediterranean” type diet is recommended, that is, low in calories and rich in vitamins and “good” fats. Examples: fruit, vegetables, nuts, olive oil, fish, legumes… Avoid abusing processed foods, fried foods, saturated fats and red meat.
- Exercise : the ideal is to do 4 hours a week or 30 minutes a day of moderate to intense exercise. Among the healthiest are cycling, walking, running, aerobics or swimming.
- Sleep : you should try to get 8 hours of sleep at night as it improves physical appearance, skin quality, and mental and muscular recovery.
- Stress: Stress is a factor that contributes to cellular aging that can be evidenced in the form of hair loss, appearance of gray hair, worsening skin quality, muscle weakness… Activities such as mediation, yoga, tai chi, self-hypnosis or breathing exercises can help manage it.
- Hormones : since incorrect use is associated with breast or endometrial cancer, heart attacks and thromboembolic diseases, they must be indicated and strictly monitored.
- Vitamins and trace elements : to avoid osteoporosis, it is recommended for women under 50 years of age to take 1 gram of Calcium from diet and supplements. As for vitamin D, 400 to 800 units should be consumed every day in those under 50 years of age.
In short, there is not only one approach to achieving “good growing up.” A mixture of many factors will ensure that when we look in the mirror we like what we see, or that when we meet with friends we haven’t seen in a long time we can hear someone say ” how well you are, the years don’t pass by you .”