Dr. Forcada is an expert in postbariatric surgery in Madrid .
Postbariatric surgery, also known as post weight loss plastic surgery , is a
set of surgical procedures designed to improve physical appearance and quality
of life of people who have experienced significant weight loss,
usually as a result of gastric bypass surgery, gastric sleeve, or other
weight loss methods.
Massive weight loss can have transformative effects on the health and well-being of
a person, but it can also leave excess skin and sagging tissue in various parts of the
body. This may not only affect the aesthetic appearance, but also cause discomfort
physical and hygiene problems. Postbariatric surgery addresses these concerns,
helping patients achieve a more contoured and functional body appearance.
Common post-bariatric surgery procedures include:
- Abdominoplasty: This intervention focuses on removing excess skin and fat from the
abdominal area, as well as tightening weakened abdominal muscles through a
- Arm lift: This procedure focuses on removing excess skin on the arms.
arms, what are often called “bat wings.”
- Thigh lift: Similar to an arm lift, this surgery seeks to eliminate excess skin
on the inner and outer part of the thighs.
- Buttock Lift: Improves the shape and firmness of the buttocks by removing excess
skin and fat in that area.
- Mastopexy: This procedure may be necessary to correct breast ptosis that
It often occurs after significant weight loss. It can be with or without
- Facial surgery: Some patients opt for facial surgery, such as a facelift, to treat
sagging skin on the face and especially on the neck.
Before surgery, Dr. Forcada will evaluate you in consultation. In that In that first consultation
The objectives to be achieved, the necessary surgical procedures (often
more than one), the postoperative process, the risks, etc.
The most frequent risks in postbariatric surgery are the appearance of seroma, scars
dehiscent (widened), excess recurrent skin, skin necrosis and infection. Is
It is essential to carry out a correct assessment of each individual to assess in each case the
specific risks and avoid them.
What specific techniques or instruments do we use to improve results and reduce risks?
risks in postbariatric surgery?
- VASER: Ultrasound that allows us to liquefy fat, reducing bleeding
postsurgical and improve skin retraction.
- MICROAIRE: The most advanced vibroliposuction instruments that exist.
- BODYTITE: Radiofrequency that improves skin retraction.
- THERMAL BLANKET: Prevents hypothermia in long-term interventions.
- BARBED SUTURES: Reduce surgical time
- TEAMWORK: All postbariatric surgeries are performed with a team of
two or three surgeons to reduce surgical time.
In summary, postbariatric surgery is a valuable option for those who have experienced
massive weight loss and want to address problems with excess skin and sagging tissue.
Doctor Forcada’s team is specialized to successfully treat the consequences.
post-bariatric surgery or weight loss.